src

Wednesday 9 May 2012

A Tale of Fake Hair and Eyelashes

Posted by Lauren Marion at 5/09/2012 09:25:00 pm

As I walked down the corridor the other day, I admired the year group photos on the wall dating back a good few years. Everyone looked so smart, their ties were pushed right up to their necks and they all looked almost the same. That’s when I thought ‘what are we actually wearing for school?’ Now our ties are so short and people wear all sorts of coloured hoodies, and that’s boys and girls, virtually no one is the same. Some of the girls at my school tend to a go a little overboard with the make-up too and their skirts are more thigh-skimming than knee length.

It made me wonder when we stopped looking smart for school. If you look at photos from five years ago, people stuck to the uniform and weren’t caked in make-up. I can remember being sent out a letter last year that stated “the length of some pupil’s school skirts” were “causing concern”.  Blaming the school would be unfair, after all they did send out a letter. I can’t believe their parents let them leave the house looking the way they do! If I was that orange my mum would leave me in a bath to soak for about a week. In the photos on Facebook of these girls out partying at the weekend their make-up is identical, down to the last fake eyelash and hair extension. I guess it’s only a matter of time before they’re wearing the same thing too.

I much prefer looking completely different in my out of school hours compared to what I consider appropriate as my uniform. Trying so hard to rebel, I guess they’ll all look the same, creating their own chavtastic brand of ‘uniform’.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Hearts & Minds of a New Generation Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos